InDex Pharmaceuticals is a Swedish pharmaceutical development company seeking to improve the lives of patients suffering from immunological diseases. Our mission is to develop effective and safe drugs for diseases with a significant medical need.
InDex Pharmaceuticals’ lead asset is cobitolimod – a new type of drug currently in late-stage clinical development for moderate to severe ulcerative colitis (UC), a debilitating, chronic inflammation of the large intestine. With its new and unique mechanism of action, cobitolimod can be the first in a new class of medicine for these patients, with an estimated annual sale of more than USD 1 billion, at a successful commercialization. Read more about cobitolimod here.
Cobitolimod is part of InDex Pharmaceutical’s patent-protected technology platform of TLR9-agonists, so-called DNA-based ImmunoModulatory Sequences (DIMS). With its immunomodulatory effects, DIMS substances have the potential to treat multiple immunological diseases.
InDex’s vision is to be an innovation driven company focused on bringing drugs from the DIMS platform for immune mediated conditions to market approval, alone or in collaboration with partners, starting with the lead drug candidate cobitolimod.
InDex Pharmaceuticals was founded in 2000 and is headquarted at the Karolinska Institutet Science Park in Stockholm. InDex has a strong investor base with Linc AB, HBM Healthcare Investments, 4th AP Fund and Handelsbanken fonder among its top shareholders. InDex Pharmaceuticals Holding AB (publ) is the parent company of the Group, which also includes InDex Pharmaceuticals AB and InDex Pharmaceuticals AB’s wholly owned subsidiary InDex Diagnostics AB.
InDex Pharmaceutical’s management and board of directors possess long and significant international experience in drug development. The company has also engaged leading European and North American key opinion leaders within gastroenterology.
High market potential
- Moderate to severe ulcerative colitis is a debilitating disease with enduring unmet medical need
- Annual sales of biologics amounts to >$5 billion despite problems with tolerance and severe side effects
- Cobitolimod’s product profile validated with specialists and payers
- Cobitolimod has high market potential with an outstanding combination of efficacy and safety and a new MoA
Late stage clinical development
- Ongoing phase III clinical study CONCLUDE in patients with moderate to severe left-sided ulcerative colitis
- Successful phase IIb study CONDUCT demonstrating competitive efficacy and excellent safety
- 4 previous completed clinical studies support efficacy and safety demonstrated in CONDUCT
- Validates broad portfolio of other DIMS substances with potential in inflammatory diseases
Experienced board & management
- Board and management with extensive experience from the pharmaceutical industry and listed companies
- A well-developed network of leading European and North American medical experts